2. Aspall cider. A cold pint of Aspall on a hot day (or any day really) = bliss.
3. That we are getting a cat next weekend. Her name is Missy and she is the sweetest, stroppiest cat in the shelter, therefore perfect for sweet Thomas and stroppy me!
4. Cheese. It's why I can't be vegan. Baked Camembert, grilled halloumi, runny Brie on crackers.... hmmmm cheese.
5. Fresh bed linen. Is there any feeling better then climbing into a bed made with fresh linen.
6. Music. But especially the feeling when a song you really love is played out of nowhere.
7. Laundry drying on the washing line. Especially the first day of the year it's warm/dry enough to do so.
8. Sunshine. It really does make everything better.
10. The last mile of the drive to my mum's house. I've lived away from home for 20 years, and I still feel so happy as I come off the motorway to see her.
11. Teen comedy films from the 90s & 00s. Bring It On. Clueless. 10 Things I Hate About You. She's The Man. Pitch Perfect. You can take your award-winners and your Scorsese films, I'm really only interested if it's 90 minutes long and set in a high school/college.
12. Shopping. Socialist in the Tweets, Capitalist in the streets, that's me. I know it's not a great thing to base happiness on, but I really do like shopping.
13. Swimming. Although I do not love post-swimming hair.
15. Zine making. I'm so glad I returned to zines after a ten year break, the process is so therapeutic for me and I love creating something outside of this blog.
16. Earl Grey tea and a slice of cake. Because cake.
17. A pub with an open fire. There's little better in winter than to find a cosy pub with a roaring fire.
18. Getting post. Any post really, but surprise parcels especially.
19. Our house. I've loved it since the first time I came to view it almost eight years ago.
20. Buying gifts for people. I think I enjoy it more than receiving gifts.
22. Our log burning stove. There's little better than having the stove lit on a cold winter's afternoon.
23. Being inside when it's raining heavily outside. Preferably curled up in a window with a book and a blanket.
24. Summer. This summer we've had rather more of 23. than of 8, but I live in hope we'll get some 'proper' summer weather soon. I love all the seasons for different reasons, but I am always infinitely happier and more content when it's warm and sunny.
25. New books. Old books. Any books. Goes without saying.
26. TV shows about dance. I still haven't got over the cancellation of the UK version of So You Think You Can Dance. My latest obsession is Dance Moms, which is terrible in a great way.
28. Listening to Andrew WK on a Friday night. Party Hard is my start-the-weekend anthem.
29. Pottering in the garden. Or just looking at my garden. At the moment it's a profusion of blooms and I love it.
30. Prosecco. Always.
31. The perfect charity shop find. Is there anything better than finding a hidden gem for 99p? It doesn't happen often (Leicester charity shops are both crap and expensive) but when it does...
32. Musicals. And songs from the musicals. My favourite is Rent but I love pretty much all of them.
33. Tote bags. Want me to love you forever? Give me a great tote bag. My latest acquisitions are a cream Salford Zine Library tote and a black Powell's Books bag brought back for me from Portland, Oregon by my brother.
35. Much Ado About Nothing. I'm not a total Shakespeare junkie like some English teachers I know, but this play is just wonderful. The Kenneth Branagh film version is a sun-drenched wonder of a comedy and never fails to cheer me up.
36. The lightbulb moment when a student just 'gets' it. I had a tutoring session with a student on Friday and to see her completely 'get' the poems we were discussing made me so happy.
37. My vintage quilt. Found in a junk shop in Lancashire, it's been gracing my bed ever since.
38. Winning an eBay auction. Those last few seconds are a rush, let's face it.
39. Sitting in the sun with a good book. My happy place.
40. Stripes. I counted yesterday - I now have 7 striped tops, 1 striped jumper and 2 striped dresses. And you know what? I still think I need more.
41. Tattoos. Getting them. Looking at other people's. Planning new ones.
43. Pictures & prints. Our walls are covered, and yet I still always want more.
44. Pipers cheese & onion crisps. So cheesy, so good.
45. Walking. Walking briskly somewhere while listening to music relaxes me, I should do it a lot more often than I do.
46. Having candles lit on a dark evening. So hygge.
47. Polka dots. Obvs.
48. Necklaces. I have SO many, yet only ever wear the same few.
49. Squeezing spots. I know it's super gross, but it's so satisfying.
50. Christmas. Thomas calls me 'Elf' because I can get a little hysterical about my Christmas love.
What makes you happy?